After an hour of sitting the judge came out of the courtroom (all the way at the other end of the hall from where I was sitting) and asked the jurors to gather around him. When I got to that end of the corridor I had to blink twice. The judge looked no more than 26, a mere baby! He then began to tell us about the case (what? talking about the case outside the door?), how it was an aggravated assault with two other assault charges. When the accused heard we were out in the hall waiting to come in the accused took the 'deal', whatever it was. The judge said the accused was now on route to a correctional institution, we were free to go and thanks for our help! Just throw the juror badge on the bench and byebye!
That was at 2:45pm, freedom! Major dash by everyone to the elevators then out the main doors. Digging for my wallet to get money for parking I discovered the Junior Mints box had become open and I had melted chocolate and mint filling in my belly bag, with the majority of the gooey mess landing on the zipper pull of my wallet. The only way to get to the money was to use the sticky zipper pull. Know how weird it looks sucking on a zipper pull of a long leather wallet? A bit phallic, imagine that! Me doing something suggestive like that. Hell, I wasn't thinking about suggestive, I was too busy being concerned about the gross stickiness in the most inconvenient places.
Got enough off to get into the wallet, pulled cash ($4 to park in the close lot), grabbed my validated ticket to get out (validated tickets get $1 off the close lot but nothing in the lot across the street which is already $3, so no discount and tough shit), got in the LONG line in the covered (yay, no sun!) parking garage, paid, turned left, then almost immediately right to jump back on the highway, and back home to the rat.
Rat was very surprised to see me. Made him come into the bedroom to hear the tale while I had a liedown and a cooldown. Head still bothersome. Rat said he had been feeling sick that morning, that's why he did not go to work.
Never got a nap like I wanted. Ended up getting up, getting on the computer for a little while and watching a little tube. Rat fetched dinner and we pretty much stayed slugs for the rest of the evening.
The end of the 'adventure' is a real letdown, unless you count sucking on zipper heads the end of the adventure!
I kept wondering, what would Vejiita do here, besides blast the place to bits? Probably be a bit pissed about all the hoops to jump through. Goku, on the other hand, would have been clueless the entire process. What a perfect juror!
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*